Contact classes, will be held for 80 hours for each academic year spread out for 12 days (i.e. Six week-ends) as per the norms of the Distance Education Bureau, (DEB) UGC, New Delhi. Contact Classes for B.A., M.A., Diploma and Certificate courses, will be conducted during the months of December, January, February, March and April in Chennai, Hosur, Kaliyakkavilai and Coimbatore.
- In order to facilitate the students with extraordinary situations we also conduct 10 days continuous contact classes at a stretch in Tiruchirappalli and Chennai in the month of May.
- Learner-Friendly & Intensive Personal Contact Classes - For 80 hours every year during week-ends.
- Experienced Teachers teach Theory and Practicals.
- Since the students do not have regular dance practice, they are taught exercises to ease their muscles and movements, to initiate practical classes.
- Individual attention and special coaching are given to the students according to their levels of understanding and capacity.
- Dance/ Music oriented written Assignments are submitted by the students.
- Seminars, based on syllabus are presented by students which help to improve their theoretical and practical knowledge and encourage useful interaction.
- Students who are either Performers or Teachers or beginners are helped according to their psychological background.
- Renowned styles of Bharathanatyam are accepted.
- Sanskrit Slogas are taught.
- Students get an opportunity to meet reputed artistes who are also students of the programme, and get motivated and enlightened.
- The final year M.A. students are guided in their Research-oriented Dissertation.
- Doubts in Theory and Practicals are cleared.
- Class Tests are conducted in Theory.