01. What are the different courses offered?
B.A. (Bachelor of Arts) in Bharathanatyam and Music - Vocal
M.A. (Master of Arts) in Bharathanatyam and Music - Vocal
Diploma in Bharathanatyam and Music – Vocal
Diploma In Instruments – Mirudhangam, Thavil, Veena, Violin, Flute , Nadhaswaram (Only Tamil Medium)
Teacher Training Diploma In Bharathanatyam / Music (Only Tamil Medium)
Certificate Program In Bharathanatyam/Music – Vocal / Instruments – Mirudhangam, Thavil (Only Tamil Medium)
02. Is the prospectus available on demand?
The Prospectus and Application Form are available on payment of Rs.200/- by Demand Draft in favour of "Tiruchirappalli Diocesan Educational Society, DEP ,payable at Tiruchirappalli."
03. When can I apply for the courses?
The admission to all the programmes shall commence in June for the academic year and January for the calendar year.
04. I have appeared for the plus two examinations but my result is awaited. Can I join the B.A./ Diploma Course?
You can get enrolled for B.A. course, only after you pass your plus two examinations.
You can get enrolled for Diploma course only after you pass your S.S.L.C. Examinations.
05. I have appeared for the bachelor's degree examination but my final result is awaited. Can I join the M.A. Course?
You can get enrolled for M. A. course, only after you pass your under graduate degree examination.
06. Which is the last date for applying to the distance education programmes?
The last date for applying to the distance education programmes will be in the month of October.
07. Should I appear for any Entrance or Screening Test for taking admission to programmes?
Refer Courses Offered in Website.
08. Do I have to submit the original certificates for verification?
As per the University norms, the original certificates of all the students enrolled in the distance education programme should be submitted along with the application form only for verification.
09. What would be the mode of payment of the course fee?
Fees can either be paid through Demand Draft in favour of "Tiruchirappalli Diocesan Educational Society, DEP" payable at Tiruchirappalli or through Bank Transfer.
10. Is the Course fee refundable?
No, Fees once paid will not be refunded under any situation.
11. Do I need to refer the books in addition to course material provided by you ?
The course material given to you are only supporting materials. Students have to refer the prescribed reference books, in order to get an in-depth knowledge on the topics covered.
12. Should I buy the study material outside or will you provide?
The study material will be provided by us and the reference books prescribed in the syllabus have to be referred in libraries.
13. Are the entire course materials available online?
The course materials are not available online.
14. Where are the Contact Class Centres?
The study centres are at Chennai, Tiruchirappalli, Hosur, Kaliyakkavilai and Coimbatore.
15. Can I change my Contact Class Centre in the middle of the course, if required?
No, Contact Class Centres cannot be changed in the middle of the course.
16. Where would be the contact classes held and what would be the duration of the contact classes?
The contact classes will be held at Chennai, Tiruchirappalli, Hosur, Kaliyakkavilai and Coimbatore. Contact classes will be held for 12 days during weekends.
17. Is attendance at Contact Classes compulsory?
Attendance at the Contact Classes is compulsory. Only students who have earned 75% of attendance in the Contact Classes are eligible to appear for the examination.
18. Where will you conduct the examinations?
The examinations will be conducted at the centres indicated in the list. Viz: Hosur, Chennai, Tiruchirappalli, Coimbatore and Kaliyakavilai.
19. Is there any age limit for joining the courses?
There is no age limit for joining the courses.